The 1944 Society is a membership support group that seeks to introduce Clyfford Still to the Denver community and to cultivate fans to help sustain the vitality of the Museum.
We’re a social group of culture-lovers who want to support the Clyfford Still Museum and its part in making Denver’s art scene the talk of the most respected art publications and social media. Join us for beers with Governor Hickenlooper, tours of private art collections, and wine gatherings before big events.
You must be a Clyfford Still Museum member to join this group of at least the Supporter level or above to be eligible. The annual membership fee is $50.00.
Benefits of the 1944 Society
- Invitations to private social gatherings and events related to the art, life, and times of Still
- Exclusive access to exhibitions and events
- FREE general admission to the Museum for one year
- Personalized membership card
- Discounted admission to programs and events
- 10% percent discount in Museum shop
- Regular e-communication about events, programs, lectures
- Subscription to our members magazine Words on Paper
To join the 1944 Society, please call 720-354-4878 or email email@example.com.
1944 Society Steering Committee
Jennifer Miklosi, co-chair
Mark Gregory, co-chair
1944 is the year that Clyfford Still made his first truly abstract painting, making this not only a significant year for Clyfford Still, but also for the movement of Abstract Expressionism, where Still is considered to be a leader and innovator.