Visitor Services Representative (part time, non-exempt)
Benefits: Eligible for prorated, part-time benefits
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis, and positions are filled on an as-needed basis
Start Date: October 3, 2022
Compensation: $16.75 per hour
Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Services and Retail
The Clyfford Still Museum is dedicated to the life and artwork of Clyfford Still.
We are looking for a new Visitor Services team member who exemplifies good customer service in a fun and dynamic environment. This position is responsible for welcoming and orienting our guests, driving sales in the Museum’s retail store, selling Museum memberships, and liaising with our security team to ensure the safety and security of all of our visitors.
Regular Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday; closed Mondays and Tuesdays (subject to change). Visitor Services team members must be able to work two to three days per week. Three to five weekend day shifts monthly and some evening hours are required.
- Staff the reception desk. Maintain a friendly and helpful environment, and serve as a resource for visitors. Understand and address the needs of diverse visitors.
- Handle admission ticket sales, phone inquiries, and Museum shop sales; manage cash drawers.
- Promote and sell Museum memberships.
- Maintain supplies of visitor information literature, and keep the reception area tidy and welcoming.
- Interface with Museum security to implement Museum policies and procedures for the safety and security of Museum visitors.
- Understand and help carry out the Museum’s mission; stay up to date on the Museum’s activities, services, and programs.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Museum, and perform other duties as needed..
*Some duties are performed in a modified way during the COVID-19 pandemic
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum education of high school diploma or equivalent; some college level studies a plus.
- One to three years of sales and customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Prior experience in a museum setting is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; bilingual a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, ticketing, and point of sales systems is highly desirable.
- Ability to multitask and meet shifting demands in a fast-paced environment. Meets deadlines.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to communicate by phone and in loud environments.
- Some outdoor work is occasionally needed.
The work requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is self-motivated, enjoys taking responsibility, and has a strong work ethic.
- Is a team player and a good rule follower.
- Takes direction well, has good organizational skills, and completes projects on time.
- Is a good listener and a good problem solver.
- Is responsive to the needs of diverse audiences.
- Has a sincere enjoyment for working with people.
- Is adaptable, dependable and poised.
Part-time employees accrue sick leave up to 48 hours/year in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA)/The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
Retirement: All employees are eligible to participate in the Museum’s Savings Incentive Match Plan (“SIMPLE IRA Plan”).
Memberships: All employees receive a dual membership in the Museum and an employee discount at the Museum Shop. All employees receive an individual membership in the American Alliance of Museums.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion – The Clyfford Still Museum is committed to the goal of building a diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Non-Discrimination Statement – The Clyfford Still Museum bases its employment decisions on job- related qualifications and ability to perform a job, and therefore prohibits (a) making employment decisions or basing terms and conditions of employment, and (b) making contracting, admissions or facility use decisions or basing terms and conditions of contract or facility use on the basis of a person’s: race, creed, color, religion, sex, age 40 and over, height, weight, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or disability, as well as any other basis now or in the future protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. The Museum follows this policy in all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, testing, training, certification, opportunities for advancement, promotions, demotions, terminations, performance evaluations, compensation, and leaves.