STILLness: Meditation in the Galleries
- This event has passed.
Join us each month to clear your mind and refresh your spirit with guided meditation sessions led by experienced meditation practitioners. All are welcome; no prior experience with meditation is required. Presented in collaboration with the Zen Center of Denver and the Shambhala Meditation Center of Denver.
Meditation sessions begin promptly at 9 am and 9:30 am. Doors open at 8:45.
Free; Registration required
In order to create a safe and comfortable environment for everyone we ask that you abide by the following rules of etiquette:
- Maintain silence once you have checked in at the front desk.
- Wear soft soled shoes or bring slipper socks; it is not permitted to go barefoot in the galleries.
- Turn cell phones and other electronic devices off. Do not use vibrate mode.
- Please do not wear strongly scented products including perfume, cologne, aftershave, essential oils, etc.
- Maintain a distance of 48 inches from the artwork.
- Only sitting and walking meditation is permitted. You are invited to bring your own meditation cushion or use one of the chairs provided.
- Please do not take liquids or food of any kind into the galleries.
This session will be led by Barbara Trenchard, who is a long-time meditation practitioner and an authorized Meditation Instructor in the Shambhala tradition since 2004. She is also trained to lead Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs. Barbara is a Denver native and graduate of University of Colorado and New York University.