STILLness: Meditation in the Galleries
- This event has passed.
Clear your mind, relax, and prepare for the week ahead. Join the Clyfford Still Museum and our partners, the Zen Center of Denver and the Shambhala Meditation Center of Denver, for mornings of quiet reflection.
Meditation will take place on the second Sunday of every month throughout the summer, and is free. No prior experience is required. Meditation sessions begin promptly at 9 am and 9:30 am. Doors open at 8:45.
In order to create a safe and comfortable environment for everyone we ask that you abide by the following rules of etiquette:
- Maintain silence once you have checked in at the front desk.
- Turn cell phones and other electronic devices off. Do not use vibrate mode.
- Please do not wear strongly scented products including perfume, cologne, aftershave, essential oils, etc.
- Maintain a distance of 48 inches from the artwork.
- Only sitting and walking meditation is permitted. You are invited to bring your own meditation cushion or use one of the chairs provided.
- Wear slippers, soft-soled shoes or socks with skid resistant soles. It is not permitted to go barefoot.
- Please do not take liquids or food of any kind into the galleries.
This session will be led by one of the Spiritual Directors of the Zen Center of Denver, a Buddhist community offering Zen training and practice in the lay (non-monastic) tradition of author and activist, Robert Aitken Roshi. In addition to their extensive experience in Zen meditation, both Peggy Sheehan and Karin Kempe are physicians with expertise in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and teach meditation in a variety of settings.