STILLness: Meditation in the Galleries
- This event has passed.
Join us each month to clear your mind and refresh your spirit with guided meditation sessions led by experienced meditation practitioners. All are welcome; no prior experience with meditation is required. Presented in collaboration with the Zen Center of Denver and the Shambhala Meditation Center of Denver.
Meditation sessions begin promptly at 9 am and 9:30 am. Doors open at 8:45.
Free; Registration required
In order to create a safe and comfortable environment for everyone we ask that you abide by the following rules of etiquette:
- Maintain silence once you have checked in at the front desk.
- Wear soft soled shoes or bring slipper socks; it is not permitted to go barefoot in the galleries.
- Turn cell phones and other electronic devices off. Do not use vibrate mode.
- Please do not wear strongly scented products including perfume, cologne, aftershave, essential oils, etc.
- Maintain a distance of 48 inches from the artwork.
- Only sitting and walking meditation is permitted. You are invited to bring your own meditation cushion or use one of the chairs provided.
- Please do not take liquids or food of any kind into the galleries.
This meditation session will be facilitated by Aaron Jay Snyder MD, who is the founding director of Present Moment Project, Inc., a not-for-profit teaching secular forms of Buddhist mindfulness, courage and compassion practices to helping professionals. He is a senior teacher of Shambhala Buddhism, a family physician, geriatrician, and medical ethicist.