Create this simple, easy-to-assemble book before virtual field trips, class discussions, or any other time students need a way to record notes, questions, ideas, and sketches.
Time: <10 minutes
- A strip of paper about 4” x 20” (cut a piece of copy paper in half lengthwise and tape at the short ends)
- Pen or pencil
- Coloring materials (optional)
- First create your long strip of paper if necessary: Cut a piece of copy paper in half lengthwise and tape the short ends together. Put tape on both sides since you will be folding the paper.
- Fold the paper in half to make a 4” x 10” rectangle. Crease the fold firmly.
- Unfold the paper and turn it over. Fold each end back towards the middle crease.
- Use the first page as the cover of your book, and fill the remaining 7 pages with notes, ideas, and sketches.