Join us for free, customized professional learning workshops for your school, district, or organization.
The Museum is committed to excellence in teaching in its core programs, as well as to service of the teaching community at large. CSM teacher programs focus on critical reflection on practice, skill building, and practical applications of teaching tools. For districts, active teachers, and teachers in training, we offer learning labs, professional development, and enrichment opportunities.
As a single artist setting with an extensive archive of letters, photos, and primary resources documenting 20th century art and humanities, the Museum is a leading resource for multidisciplinary, arts-integrated, primary resource-based teaching that fosters critical thinking for participants of all ages.
Workshop topics include arts integration, innovation, teaching and learning for 21st century skills, and more.
Virtual Teacher Professional Learning Workshop Recording
Fill out this form to request a recording of the Virtual Teacher Professional Learning Workshop from November 1, 2020.
Check out the resources below inspired by our inStill Gallery Experiences program. These prompts are ready to use to support your students in exploring artwork, finding their creativity, and sharing their voices.
Art Looking Activities:
- Yes, and…: A storytelling game that gets students to listen and build on each other’s ideas.
- Random Questions: A gamified way to ask unconventional questions about artwork that get students thinking in new ways.
- Painting Matchmaker: A fun, choice-based spin on a comparative analysis that gets students thinking critically, comparing and contrasting, and making inferences.
Art Making Activities:
- Accordion Book: A very basic mini book that students can make to record notes, ideas, and sketches.
- Bridging My Experiences: A simple drawing prompt that gets students thinking, sketching, and talking.
- Colorful Me: An illustrated identity map that gets students to think about how to communicate facets of their identities through visual art.
- Mindful Gratitude Exercise: A simple prompt to encourage students to cultivate and reflect on feelings of gratitude.
- Deep Relaxation Meditation: A guided meditation that allows students to quickly access feelings of safety, calm, and relaxation.
- Meditación guiada de relajación profunda: Una meditación guiada que permite a los estudiantes acceder rápidamente a sentimientos de seguridad, calma, y relajación.
We love teachers!
Teachers always receive discounted admission of $6 and can receive $10 off any membership level to visit any time. Join us for our upcoming programs and events.