Experience the Clyfford Still Museum with your K-12 students!
Explore awe-inspiring art and joyful hands-on experiences with your class at the Clyfford Still Museum, located in the heart of Denver’s Golden Triangle Creative District.
- inStill Gallery Experiences at the Museum and inStill Live virtual experiences are available Tuesdays through Fridays.
- In-person and virtual experiences are FREE to schools and bus funds are available.
- Bilingual educators can facilitate lessons in both English and Spanish.
- Students receive passes to return with their families for free.
How are inStill Gallery Experiences unique?
- Interactive experiences: Students take the lead in looking, thinking, and sharing their ideas during hands-on participatory workshops.
- Every student has a voice: Small groups and a high teacher-to-student ratio allow every student to be heard and have their thoughts valued.
- Joy and awe: Our skillful educators provide opportunities for students to feel the wonder of art experiences and make connections to their own lives.
Lesson for Grades K-5: You Are an Artist!
Students will explore all the ways they can be artists. Young artists will explore their imaginations, look closely at Clyfford Still’s art, and express their ideas. Every artist will receive a sketchbook to record their observations and ideas.
Lesson for Grades 6-12: Art and Ideas
Students will explore the ways artists communicate ideas and how viewers interpret them. Teachers can choose from a menu of mini-workshops that allow students to develop and share interpretations of Still’s art, uncover historical context, and create their own artistic responses.
Free virtual inStill Live Experiences
Join us online to explore Clyfford Still’s art, make connections to our own experiences, and share our ideas. Just like programs at the Museum, our virtual inStill experiences are interactive, hands-on, and get students thinking and talking.
Virtual pre-and post-visit experiences are available, or you can request a standalone online experience.
Learn more about inStill K-12 Experiences
Resources and Professional Development
The Clyfford Still Museum is a resource to all educators through our inStill programs, teacher professional learning workshops, and online tools. CSM teacher programs explore big ideas about art, teaching, and learning while providing practical applications and teaching tools. We offer a range of opportunities for school districts, schools, and individual teachers to connect, explore, and find inspiration.
Teachers always receive discounted Museum admission of $6 and can receive $10 off any membership level.
Instill is supported by: