inStill Live Virtual Experiences for grades K-12
inStill Live is a free virtual program facilitated by our talented educators via video conferencing. Just like inStill at the Clyfford Still Museum, inStill Live is interactive, hands-on, and allows students to take the lead.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, school experiences onsite at the Museum will be available at a later date depending on local guidelines and the needs of our students and teachers.
Grades 4-12 – Art in Times of Change: Available Now!
Students in grades 4-12 will explore the theme “Art in Times of Change” to consider the ways changes impact people, both today and throughout history. Through close-looking at Clyfford Still’s art, sharing interpretations and ideas, and creating art, students will also reflect on how art can be a tool to process or respond to the changes they experience in their own lives.
*New* Grades K-3 – You Are An Artist: Available Now!
In 2020, we worked closely with local K-3 teachers and students to develop our first program for primary grades. K-3 students can participate in inStill Live to explore the theme “You Are An Artist.” Young artists will explore the big question “What is an artist?” by creating their own art, exploring Clyfford Still’s art, and letting their curiosity and imaginations run free.
What makes inStill Live unique?
- It’s not a presentation: Students take the lead in doing the talking, reading, writing, and thinking in workshop-model lessons.
- Every student has a voice: Small groups and a high student-to-teacher ratio allow for every student to be heard and have their ideas valued.
- We turn your classroom or home into a gallery: Our expert museum educators are trained in virtual engagement strategies that fuel curiosity and ignite students’ imaginations.
We love teachers! The Clyfford Still Museum is committed to being a resource to all educators through our inStill programs, teacher professional learning workshops, and online tools. We offer a range of opportunities for school districts, schools, and individual teachers to connect, explore, and find inspiration. Learn more about our teacher resources.
October is Teacher Appreciation Month at the Clyfford Still Museum!
Throughout October, teachers, administrators, and school staff will receive special discounts, classroom resources, and prizes.
- Visit CSM for free by entering the code TeacherFriends at online checkout or by showing your school badge at the visitor services desk at the Museum.
- Download activities for your classroom here.
- Fill out our short survey about how the Museum can support you to be entered to win a dual Clyfford Still Museum membership or Meininger’s gift card.
Virtual Self-Guided School Visits
The Museum launched an interactive virtual gallery experience on our website. The same software the curatorial team uses to curate the Museum’s exhibitions, Virtual Gallerie, is now available for teachers to experience the galleries online anytime on the Virtual Exhibitions page.
Instill is supported by: