Experience the Clyfford Still Museum with your K-12 students!
Explore awe-inspiring art and joyful hands-on experiences with your class at the Clyfford Still Museum, located in the heart of Denver’s Golden Triangle Creative District.
- inStill Gallery Experiences at the Museum and inStill Live virtual experiences are available Tuesdays through Fridays.
- In-person and virtual experiences are FREE to schools and bus funds are available.
- Bilingual educators can facilitate lessons in both English and Spanish.
- Students receive a sketchbook and a pass to return with their families for free.
How are inStill Gallery Experiences unique?
- Interactive experiences: Students take the lead in looking, thinking, and sharing their ideas during hands-on participatory workshops.
- Every student has a voice: Small groups and a high teacher-to-student ratio allow every student to be heard and have their thoughts valued.
- Joy and awe: Our skillful educators provide opportunities for students to feel the wonder of art experiences and make connections to their own lives.
Lesson for Grades K-5: You Are an Artist!
Students will explore all the ways they can be artists. Young artists will explore their imaginations, look closely at Clyfford Still’s art, and express their ideas. Every artist will receive a sketchbook to record their observations and ideas.
Lesson for Grades 6-12: Art and Ideas
Students will explore the ways artists communicate ideas and how viewers interpret them. Teachers and students can choose from a menu of mini-workshops that invite students to develop and share interpretations of Still’s art, uncover historical context, reflect on their identities and communities, and create their own artistic responses.
Virtual pre-visit experiences are available, or you can request a standalone online experience of either lesson for grades K-5 or 6-12.
Pre-K Programs Are Coming!
The Museum is excited to kick off the development of inStill Experiences for preschool. Program development will begin in January 2024, with full implementation in January 2025.
Learn more about inStill K-12 Experiences
Resources and Professional Development
The Clyfford Still Museum is a resource to all educators through our inStill programs, teacher professional learning workshops, and online tools. CSM teacher programs explore big ideas about art, teaching, and learning while providing practical applications and teaching tools. We offer a range of opportunities for school districts, schools, and individual teachers to connect, explore, and find inspiration.
Teachers always receive discounted Museum admission of $6 and can receive $10 off any membership level.
Instill is supported by: