Code of Conduct and Museum Policies
Each person must help create a safe environment for all of our visitors and staff. We’re delighted to have you join us at the Clyfford Still Museum! To help ensure that the artwork will last for generations to come, here are a few things to know during your visit.
For the Health and Safety of All
We are committed to your health and safety. Here are some ways we can accomplish that together:
- View our enhanced cleaning and safety protocols.
- Masks are recommended and available for children and adults.
- Visitors experiencing illness will be asked to return at a later date.
Other Museum Policies
We’re delighted to have you join us at the Clyfford Still Museum! Here are a few things to know during your visit.
- Please stay at least three feet away from the artwork to help ensure that it will last for generations to come. If you are visiting with children, watch the bilingual Art Protector video to learn how to keep the art safe.
- For the safety of the artwork, the Museum does not allow food and beverages inside the building.
- This is a photo-friendly museum! Take photos and videos for personal, non-commercial use on mobile devices and cameras. Share on social media and tag us! The Museum does not allow flashes, tripods/monopods, selfie sticks, and large video recording devices. For more information, please review our photography policy and if you are using a professional photographer (for engagement photos, family photos, graduation photos, etc.), please apply for a Photo/Video Pass.
- If you are a member of the media and want to take photos using additional photography equipment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a commercial photographer looking to do a professional photo/video shoot (for catalogs, fashion shoots, etc.), these are taken on a case-by-case basis, please fill out our commercial photography application.
- Enjoy the art that surrounds you and allow others to do the same. Please silence your cell phones and devices when you enter the Museum and step outside to have phone conversations.
- Visit the Museum Shop for a memento of your visit. Your purchases support the Museum!
- Shirt, bottoms, and shoes are required inside the Museum.
- Please use the coat rack or ask the visitor desk for help with lockers on the main level. Purses and handbags are allowed in the galleries and should be kept to the visitor’s front or along their side and under their arm. Backpacks, large shopping bags, suitcases, briefcases, large messenger bags, and umbrellas must be stored in a locker. All bags are subject to security inspection.
- The Museum welcomes small, portable strollers in the galleries but asks guests to store oversized strollers for the safety of the art. Museum-friendly strollers are available on request.
- Caregivers may breastfeed or bottle feed throughout the building, including in the galleries. Bottles should remain under the control of an adult in the gallery spaces. Sippy cups and solid food are not permitted.
- The Museum allows sketching in the galleries with 8.5” by 11” notebooks and using pencils only. Easels are not permitted.
- Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, is not permitted anywhere in the Museum including outside on the terraces or near the Museum entrance.
- The Museum operates closed circuit video monitoring for the safety of the art and the public.