CSM Public Statement
In alignment with public health recommendations, the Clyfford Still Museum is taking measures to provide a safe environment for all and prevent community spread of COVID-19. We have implemented new cleaning and disinfecting protocols and new safety protocols, including the following:
- All staff members have been trained in proper personal hygiene and effective workplace cleaning and disinfecting.
- Facilities staff are active whenever the Museum is open to the public to perform more frequent and thorough cleaning and disinfecting, focusing on high-touch surfaces such as door handles, handrails, keypads, counters and other flat surfaces, display cases, elevator buttons, visitor reception area, equipment, credit card readers and touchpads, all fixtures and surfaces in the restrooms, and chairs and benches. Cleaning staff wear appropriate PPE and practice good hygiene before, during and after working.
- Disinfectants approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19 are used.
- An adequate supply of face coverings (masks), disinfectant wipes, disinfecting soap, gloves, and hand sanitizer is maintained at all times.
- Staff members frequently sanitize their personal workspaces and equipment, and sanitize shared equipment before and after each use.
- Packages are sprayed and wiped with a disinfectant upon receipt.
- Sneeze/Lucite guards have been installed at visitor reception and all transactions are touchless.
- Where possible, merchandise is pre-packaged.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection will occur if a person confirmed with COVID-19 has been identified as present in the Museum.
- All staff and visitors ages 3+wear face coverings, staff and visitor occupancy limits have been significantly reduced, and social distancing is required.
- Signage in the Museum reminds staff and visitors of these protocols.
- The Museum continuously monitors information from national, state and local agencies and organizations, including: the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and we follow new guidance and update our protocols on an ongoing basis.