Thank you for your interest in the Clyfford Still Museum. Please review the available employment, contracting, and volunteer opportunities below.
Benefits: Eligible for Prorated, Part-Time Employee Benefits
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis and positions are filled on an as-needed basis.
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $13.50 per hour
Reports to: Associate Director of Visitor Services and Volunteers
The Clyfford Still Museum is dedicated to the life and artwork of Clyfford Still. The Museum is seeking a Visitor Services Representative who will be responsible to ensure that all Museum visitors experience optimum customer service and encounter a welcoming and helpful atmosphere. Regular Museum hours are 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday; 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Friday; closed Mondays. Must be able to work 2 to 4 days per week. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Staff the reception desk, greet and provide assistance to Museum visitors with a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency. Ensure visitors are attended to professionally and promptly.
- Handle admission sales and sales from the Museum shop; manage cash drawer.
- Promote and sell Museum memberships.
- Supply front desk with sufficient visitor information literature, maps, and other necessary materials and keep it a welcoming space.
- Interface with Museum security to implement Museum policies and procedures for the safety and security of visitors and of the Museum.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful environment for Museum visitors. Serve as a resource for, and communicate well with, a variety of visitors, understand and address the special needs of different visitors, address visitor concerns and complaints in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Understand and help carry out the Museum’s mission, activities, services and programs.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with peers at other area museums.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Museum, and perform other duties as needed.
Behavioral Traits and Attributes
- Ability to engage and inspire front desk staff and volunteers
- Relishes in responsibility and is self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and a rule follower
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes direction well and completes projects in a timely fashion
- Ability to listen well and be a good problem solver
Minimum Education, Job Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in business or arts administration preferred; one to two years of customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Prior experience in a museum setting a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office products; experience with ticketing and point of sales systems is highly desirable (the Museum uses Altru, a Blackbaud product).
- Prior sales experience and cash/register handling strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, to work in fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines, while maintaining flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public and to exercise tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Sensitivity to diverse characteristics of visitors and understanding of the requirements of visitors with disabilities or special needs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our volunteers assist the Museum staff in making our programs and events a success. They also help spread the word about the works of Clyfford Still and the Abstract Expressionist movement. Qualified candidates should possess a love and appreciation of art and a desire to share their knowledge, a flexible attitude for working effectively with the public, basic computer skills (including familiarity with the Internet), and a commitment to reliability.
Please fill out the application and send to the email address below.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
The Museum prohibits making any employment decisions or basing any terms and conditions of employment on the basis of a person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, height, weight, national origin, ancestry, or ethnicity, sexual orientation, transgendered status or gender expression or identity, marital status, disability, political affiliation, military or veteran status or any other basis now or in the future protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
The Museum follows this policy in all terms and conditions of employment including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, testing, training, certification, promotions, demotions, terminations, performance evaluations, leaves, and use of Museum facilities.
The Museum expressly prohibits any employment-based retaliation against anyone who brings a complaint of discrimination or who assists the Museum in the investigation of a complaint of discrimination.