We are committed to your health and safety. The hands-on activities in The Making Space are not currently available. During your visit, pick up a Making Space To-Go Kit and create your own Still-inspired artwork at home.
Think art and make ideas. The Making Space is generously underwritten by U.S. Bank.
The Making Space is a hands-on creation studio located on the gallery level. Deepen your appreciation of the art on view through directed activities, or simply experiment with a variety of art materials to try something new.
Ongoing activities include:
- Create an artist trading card and take home a card made by another guest.
- Use words from Still’s quotes to create poetry.
- Create a collage with shapes inspired by Clyfford Still’s work.
- Explore pastel on construction paper, the same medium Clyfford Still used to create over 1,000 drawings.
- Create a self-portrait.
- Experiment with felt, pipe cleaners, ribbon, and yarn.
- Draw, sketch, and write using a variety of mark-making tools.
- Explore videos about the Museum, Clyfford Still, Abstract Expressionism, and more.
- Browse a variety of books and resources.